Immediate Supervisor: Senior Director of Financial Aid and Enrollment Services
Jobs Supervised: Student Employees
FLSA Status: Full-time, exempt.
Location: Salem, Oregon
Claremont School of Theology (CST) signed an Affiliation Agreement with Willamette University last May and was welcomed to Salem in August. CST has been working diligently with staff and faculty to make this transition year as smooth as possible for everyone.
The Director of Admissions and Enrollment Services will lead and manage all systems-related processes and functions within the Office of Admissions, Recruitment and Enrollment Services in Salem, Oregon. This position works closely with prospective students, so having people skills, strong customer service skills and the ability to build relationships is extremely important. The Director will also serve as the institutional Primary Designated School Official (F visas) and Responsible Officer (J visas) working with all international students and research scholars.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities in Enrollment Services:
- Systems: Monitor and develop systems as they impact the student experience from inquiry to matriculation, including Empower, Gmail, etc. Primary system responsibilities include the following:
- Online application and all of its components through Empower
- Download applications
- Download letters of recommendation
- Process application fee waivers
- Log sent info packets
- Monitor and develop Empower communications to prospective students
- Inquiry and data entry in Empower
- Intake process and communication using all tools available including Empower, Zoom, G-mail, Sakai and others.
- Other systems assigned by the Senior Director of Financial Aid and Enrollment Services.
- Enrollment Reporting: Work closely with the Senior Director of Financial Aid and Enrollment Services to run weekly, monthly and yearly Enrollment Management reports including weekly funnel reports, demographic reports, source reports, financial aid analysis reports, and others as needed to support Enrollment Planning.
- Serve as Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) until transition to Willamette University is complete. The PDSO will be responsible for serving F-1 Students and the Responsible Office (RO) for J-1 exchange visitors. Ensure the institution serves our international student population. Also, ensure the Admission Recruiter and DSO completes and mails all I-20’s for all new international students and completes and mails all DS-2019’s for all new exchange visitors. Monitor students’ status and all that comes with being a PDSO and RO.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director of Financial Aid and Enrollment Services, develop and implement a comprehensive enrollment plan, including goals and strategies.
- Retention: Encourage integration and collaboration across departments to create a cohesive student experience. Monitor student experience for gaps in services and develop and implement systems to close gaps. Participate in institutional research as it pertains to student experience and retention.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Financial Aid and Enrollment Services to ensure the institution is compliant with the new rules beginning July 1, 2018 for state authorizations.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director of Financial Aid and Enrollment Services, manage and analyze data to measure progress and formulate change, and provide information on anticipated/projection enrollment patterns to assist in planning and budget development for annual and long-term institutional revenue.
- Manage student employee’s schedules and duties for students working in Admissions and Enrollment Services.
Responsibilities to support Admissions and Recruitment:
- Ensure that all inquiries submitted through the student information system (Empower) are submitted accurately in the system. Maintaining quality data in the system is extremely important including expunging of duplicate records.
- Once inquiries are added to the SIS system, ensure that all inquiries receive admission packets in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Director of Communications to oversee the development and distribution of all admission-related materials in the lobby area, including program sheets, inquiry cards, and other materials available for prospective students.
- Serve as primary backup for recruitment travel if the Admission Recruiter and Assistant Director of Recruitment and Admissions are away or at other recruitment events.
- Support the institution as needed during the busy travel season in the fall and summer.
- Attend and participate in admission related campus events as needed, helping with coordinating events as needed.
- Work closely with the Director of Communications and Vice President of Institutional Advancement and Communications to ensure that marketing and advertising strategies are effective and targeted to support the recruitment goals.
- Working with the Assistant Director of Recruitment and Admissions, create and implement an effective communication plan to engage prospective students and influencers that utilizes phone, email, social networking, and direct mail efforts.
- Identify market demand and develop corresponding strategy for recruiting in that arena, including distance learning.
- Manage content, revisions and accuracy of departmental web pages, working in consultation with the school’s Webmaster.
- Oversee the development of promotional materials, scholarship announcements, program brochures, etc. working closely with the Director of Communications.
- Coordinate with Webmaster and Institutional Relations to maintain a strategic social media campaign used to engage prospective students and influencers.
- Coordinate admission office research in order to continuously inform geographic, denominational, demographic and institutional focus and goal setting.
- Maintain records of recruitment efforts to track progress and evaluate effectiveness.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Financial Aid and Enrollment Services, Dean’s Office and President.
Responsibilities to support Financial Aid:
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Financial Aid and Enrollment Services and the Admissions Recruiter and DSO to ensure all communication as it pertains to the intake process to new students happens in a timely and efficient manner.
- Serve as backup when the Senior Director of Financial Aid and Enrollment Services is away, overseeing basic financial aid related functions in the system, such as posting ISIRs on a daily basis and other duties as needed.
- Assist with walk-ins who have inquiries about financial aid, being able to answer basic questions when the Senior Director is unavailable.
- Serve as the VA certifying official: ensure the institution is in compliance, ensure the institution reports accurate information to the VA office, and ensure CST receives correct VA funding for its students.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Theological Degree a plus).
- Prefer previous experience in Admissions or Student Services (preferably in the graduate school setting).
- Prefer previous experience in Theological Education.
- Deep familiarity with non-Christian religious traditions and with diverse cultures (e.g., China, India, Korea, Latin America) is highly desirable.
- Ability to work with diverse ethnic and multi-cultural student population; sensitivity to issues surrounding religious vocation.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential. This position will require excellent written and oral communication skills. The position requires the ability to write standard correspondence. The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos is necessary. It also requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business memos.
The position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This requires fundamental math skills, which includes the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information.
This position requires the following reasoning abilities:
- Superior Customer Service skills and abilities
- Demonstrable interpersonal, and organizational skills and ability to work with students, staff, faculty and other constituents.
- Highly motivated and detail oriented; work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrates integrity, ethical behavior in working with confidential information.
- Ability to multi-task, handle walk-ins, phone and Internet requests, even during busy times of the year.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be extremely organized with a focus on details and the ability to follow through projects to successful completion.
This position requires proficiency in Microsoft Office with expert skills in Excel. It requires proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, google mail, Internet browsers, and other appropriate software. Experience with Empower software, Sakai or other Student Information Systems is preferred. Experience in using social media desirable. Must be able to operate a variety of office machines, including copier and fax machine.
This position requires supervisory responsibilities of student employees, as assigned.
This position requires 10%-15% traveling. There may also be moderate lifting of supplies and materials up to 25 lbs. at times.
This position is not open to students currently enrolled in any program at Claremont School of Theology or its affiliates and partners.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor, policy and company management.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com