Staff/Faculty Job Opportunities
Position Title: Director of Communications
Immediate Supervisor: Vice President for Advancement & Communications
Jobs Supervised: Webmaster
FLSA Status: Exempt
Promote the mission and programs of Claremont School of Theology through written and electronic media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Office of Admissions to promote all degree programs.
- Develop advertising plan—print and electronic—to reach prospective students.
- Be available to answer media inquiries and provide requested information.
- Seek opportunities to promote CST to the media. This may include new programs, events, faculty research and publications, student accomplishments etc.
- Protect the CST brand and insure accuracy in all media communications.
- Manage email lists for all media.
- Manage CSTNews—CST’s monthly e-newsletter
- Manage annual Report on Philanthropy
- Provide consultation for print and electronic publications for the Office of Admissions as well as Advancement and Alumni Relations.
- Write advancement communications in collaboration with V.P for Advancement
- Write copy for publications, website, and president’s office
- Provide editing as requested by colleagues in Advancement
- Maintain our social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Supervision of Webmaster and Korean Language assistant.
- Supervise the work of webmaster to ensure timely updates and an accurate, attractive website.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will perform all reasonable duties as requested by supervisor and other authority personnel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning/organizational skills
- Interviewing and storytelling skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required, advanced degree preferred
- Theological Education at the undergraduate or graduate level required
- 5 years of communications experience required
- Familiarity with churches and religious organizations
- Experience in advancement writing is helpful
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required. The successful candidate/employee will be required to use written and oral communication. The position requires excellent writing skills to produce correspondence and promotional literature. The ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, lengthy correspondences, and memos is necessary. It also requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business memos.
The position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This requires fundamental math skills, which includes the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information.
This position requires strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple ongoing projects; proficient in multi-tasking.
Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Outlook and other appropriate software. Experience with Raiser’s Edge is preferred. Operates a variety of office machines, including copier and fax machine.
This position supervises two staff members.
This position requires occasional travel.
This position may require long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. There may also be modest lifting of supplies and materials up to 25 lbs. at times. The use of hands and arms to reach for, grasp and manipulate objects is required.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor, policy and company management.
Claremont School of Theology is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resumes to Sharalyn Hamilton, 1325 N. College Ave., Claremont, CA 91711; e-mail: email@example.com or fax 909-447-6390