The Federal Work-Study Program was established to stimulate and promote part-time employment for students who are in need of earnings to finance the cost of higher education.
The law requires that participants be in good academic standing, be citizens or permanent residents of the United States, and demonstrate financial need. Students are paid $11 per hour and may work up to 15 hours per week during school periods and up to 30 hours per week during vacation periods. The amount of the award is based on a student’s need as determined by the Financial Aid Office and available funds.
All federal work-study jobs are located on campus. The following departments have Federal Work Study jobs available: Admissions, Registrar, Dean’s Office/Student Life, Mailroom/Housing, Library, Audio Visual/Mudd Theatre, Moore Cultural Center and Research Assistants. Please note that most employment opportunities are filled at the beginning of the fall semester.
Detailed information can be found in the Federal Work Study Manual. Current Federal Work Study participants should always use the correct Federal Work Study Time Sheet.
1. Verify your eligibility to work on campus with the Financial Aid Office.
2. Review the department position descriptions below.
3. Complete the Student Employment Application. Write on the application the specific department/s you are interested in working for. If you will consider working in any department, write “Open” in the Employment Interest box.
4. Return the completed Student Employment Application to the Financial Aid Office.
5. The Financial Aid Office will forward a copy of your application to the department/s you specified on your application. If you did not specify a department, your application will be shared with all departments.
6. Departments will contact you directly for an interview if they are considering you for employment.
7. Upon receiving an offer of employment, stop by the Financial Aid Office to receive a Student Contract.
NOTE: Students are required to complete ALL payroll paperwork prior to their first day of work. Please call 909-447-2560 to set up an appointment.
How will you be paid? Timesheets (signed by you and your supervisor) must be submitted by the 3rd and 18th of the month. Paychecks are issued directly to you on the 10th and 26th of the month.