(To be completed in a cycle of 3 consecutive Januarys)
Spiritual Renewal for Engaged Compassion
Teaches a spiritual path that forms lives and leadership of wise, effective, compassionate action for vitality, justice, creativity, and peace within individual lives, communities, inter-religious contexts, organizations, and the world.
Discernment-Based Strategic Leadership
Teaches approaches, processes, skills, and sensibilities that combine the best contemplative traditions of spiritual discernment with the best practices of change-driven leadership.
Contemplative Practice for Life and Leadership
Explores contemplative practices and perspectives from diverse spiritual/religious traditions that restore and renew every dimension of life, work, and service. Themes may include neuroscientific understandings of the formative nature of contemplative practice, inter-religious aspects of contemplative practice, and working with difficult emotions.
Each of the three Core Courses consists of an in-person, intensive session that is normally six days long. Each intensive includes:
- Exploration of content related to the Core Course topic
- Practical Research Project Workshops
- Specialty Seminars
By the end of your first Core Course you will have:
- Clarified the issue, nature, and scope of your D.Min. ‘Practical Research Project’
- Planned a path forward for your project and electives
- Begun your leadership work with a grounded and mindful approach
- Prepared to understand and approach the project as part of a larger context
- Articulated your most important theological, spiritual, and ethical commitments, especially as related to your project.